1. Understanding the Student list
The Student List displays information in a column format up to 25 Students to a page at a time in order to optimize screen loading times:
The Student List is also colour coded to indicate any Students who were flagged as "Deleted" in Pink - see below:
There are also 4 available icons to the right of the Student List for each record. If you mouse-over these items they will indicate their functions:
- Pencil (Edit) - opens the Student Profile (same as clicking the Student First or Last name).
- Book - open the Student Academics Tab
- Padlock - Reset the Student Password
2. How to Flag a Students as Deleted / Restoring Deleted
- "X" Flag as Deleted - Flags the Student record as Deleted and no longer visible to Users unless you filter to include Deleted Students. (Only Admin users have access to this option). Student records can be restored after being deleted by Admin users by clicking the Restore Student Arrow icon shown below:
Additional Shortcuts are available by clicking on the data in the Student List:
- Student First or Last Name - opens the Student Profile
- Balance, Balance Due, etc. - open the Student Accounts
- Clicking on the columns header will sort within the Student list ascending or descending.
Within the Student section you can use the Student list as a productivity tool to do basic reporting, Search, Filter, Select Columns (field data) and Export Student data to PDF, CSV and XML.
3. How to Search for Students
You can search Students based on First Name, Last Name, Phone, Email or Student ID. If there is a current Search in place the Search box will be highlighted yellow.
To clear the Search field (1) Select all text AND/OR, (2) Delete text in the Search, then (3) Press Enter on your keyboard. If the Search is cleared the box will no longer be Yellow.
4. Using Column Selector to display data in the Student List
Each user has the ability to pick and choose the data shown in the Student list without affecting other user views. This is down using the Column Selector Icon. Clicking this Icon opens a modal window to allow you to select the columns you wish to display in the Student list. Checking off the fields will add them to the Student list, too many fields may result in having to scroll left or right to view all the data.
5. Using Filters to sort the Student List
Once you have selected the desired data columns to display in the Student List you can Filter on the list combining several options. If you do not have access to options in some of the Filter pulldowns you may need to add those options to Institution Config OR check with your account Admin user to see if you have been allocated the proper access to those. Example: Unless you have Location Access you will not be able to see or select that Location as a User. Advisor Names will only appear in the Filter if they are assigned the Student Advisor Role.
6. Export Student Records
Whatever data is shown in the Student List after applying Filters can be exported by selecting fields and then downloading as PDF, CSV, XML file to your desktop.
1. Click the Export Icon
2. Select the Data you wish to Export
3. Click PDF, CSV or XML.